I have completed knitting objects since my last post, I've just been wary to post them on here because they are gifts and I don't want to spoil the surprise but I hope to post them within the week! That or I may just post them anyway and hopes the person receiving them won't see them!
Just a bit of an update. I have acquired 2 fellow knitters and created a knitting exchange. One has not knit in years and enjoyed my knitting so much that they wanted to knit again. The other just thought it'd be fun to do! With the first knitter we are exchanging simple bracelets.
Since they are getting back into the knitting game, they are making a simple knit stitch bracelet. I however really enjoyed making THIS bracelet, I will make them this one! I'm very excited to exchange knitting items with them and hope to help them in their journey of getting back into knitting!
The other knitter and I are still figuring out things as they have a full time job and are very busy and that is alright because I have a lot of knitting I want to do right now!
I'm making a fishing rod, i-cord, worm, and fishies for my father. He was recently in a very bad car accident and is stuck in the hospital and he loves fishing so I thought I'd make him a cute toy, pattern HERE. The only negative is I am not sure if they allow small magnets in hospitals? So once I find that out, I can give it to him but I will keep working on it as I only have the fishing rod done!
Then, for my penpal, I'm going to make her a little puppy HERE because she likes them and then probably that same bracelet I listed above since it is a fast and simple bracelet! And I may possibly knit her a cupcake (HERE) as it is her birthday coming up beginning of March and it'd be cute to send her a "birthday cupcake" in the mail. And if I have even more time, I'd like to knit her an elephant (HERE) as I love elephants and it completely symbolizes me. :D
My next gift for myself whenever I get around to it! Will be this lovely headband (HERE). Maybe I'll get to that by April?! HA!
As you can see, I have quite a few knitting projects that exceed my
original goals but that is perfectly alright because it is helping me to
become a better knitter and that is what I need so I can continue to
grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment