Saturday, March 23, 2013

Designing A Cute Dress

I'M TRYING TO DESIGN A FREAKING DRESS OK.
Measurements:
I’m using my favorite tshirt as a guide because 1. it’s large enough for me and 2. I like the way it fits AND looks on me, so why not have a dress that does the same thing. No brainer. I’m also using a skirt that I like as a little help too.
  • Skirt length (waist to below knees): 30”
  • Waist: 49 1/2”
  • Sleeve length (top): 12 1/2”
  • Sleeve Length (bottom): 3”
  • Sleeve shoulder length: 7 1/2”
  • Shoulder & Sleeve length: 20-21”
  • V Neck (across the top): 13”
  • V Neck (the angles): 8 1/2” each
  • Sleeve width: 15-16” which since it’s a circle, it’d be 32” all around
  • Widest part of my body (muffin): 64” (I’m not happy, Bob)
  • Bust- 57”
  • Total length- 50-60”
image
I want it to kind of look like that! Oh just to put a few things into perspective, I’m 5.3ft around my widest part (muffin top/abdomen). That means someone with say an “average” hips size is 36” or 3ft. I’m 2 times larger than the average person.
Now, me wanting to lose weight doesn’t have much to do with me hating myself because I feel ugly. It’s more to do with i’m tired of having a fucking tire around my hips sticking out 6” of my pants. My muffin top is a fucking foot wide for fucks sake!

Anyway, If anyone has any suggestions/ has experience sewing dresses for lovely fat people, TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!

Brain blast edit: I bet I could totally knit a lace belt to go around my waist!

No comments:

Post a Comment